TMJ Treatment — Tulsa, OK
Permanent Solutions for Jaw Pain & Headaches
Does your jaw feel sore or stiff all the time? Is it constantly popping and clicking whenever you open or close your mouth? Do you suffer from chronic headaches or migraines, and other doctors haven’t been able to figure out why? All of these symptoms could actually be due to a temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMD. The temporomandibular joints (TMJ) are the small hinges located in front of each of your ears that allow your lower jaw to move in all directions. Problems in this area can cause the symptoms we just touched on and many more, but fortunately, at Glisten Dental Care of Tulsa, we’re able to offer TMJ treatment in Tulsa that can provide permanent relief.
Why Choose Glisten Dental Care of Tulsa for TMJ Treatment?
- Several Oral Appliance Options to Consider
- Precise Diagnostic Technology Utilized
- Dentist with 20+ Years of Experience
What Is TMJ Disorder?
TMJ disorder refers to any problem stemming from a TMJ that is not functioning properly. The most common symptoms include:
- Difficulty opening and closing the mouth
- Jaw pain whether it is open or closed
- Consistent popping and clicking sounds when moving the jaw
- Swelling of the jaw joints
- Frequent headaches or migraines
What Causes TMJ Disorder?
TMJ disorder can develop for a variety of reasons, but in most cases, it tends to be one of the following:
- Unconscious teeth grinding during sleep is straining the muscles near the TMJ
- A misaligned bite is placing undue stress on the joints
- Tooth loss has thrown off the balance of the bite
- An injury to the face has disrupted how the joints’ abilities to function
- A dental restoration or orthodontic treatment has misaligned the bite
- Arthritis in the jaw joints
- The cartilage in the joints has worn down, removing the padding from between the bones
TMJ Diagnosis & Treatment
When a patient comes to see us showing any of the TMJ symptoms we touched on above, our first goal is to figure out what is exactly causing the problem. To do this, we’ll test the mobility of the jaw as well as take X-rays of the joints. If we determine that an issue with the teeth is causing the bite to be unbalanced and strain the joints, we’ll correct it, whether this involves replacing an old restoration, restoring missing teeth, or slightly reshaping natural teeth to help the upper and lower rows come together properly. Once we have the joints working how they should, any pain should go away on its own.
Come See Us for TMJ Treatment Today!
If you’ve already visited multiple doctors about your constant jaw and head pain and haven’t seen results, we invite you to come see us at Glisten Dental Care of Tulsa. Our team has already helped countless patients overcome these types of problems using conservative, proven treatments, and TMJ treatment could be exactly the solution you’ve been looking for. To schedule an appointment and start feeling better as soon as possible, contact us today.
I Need a Dentist for My Family I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am in Pain & Need Help I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Scared of the Dentist I am Worried About Bleeding Gums View Our Services